Aussie born Gracie Otto has launched something very exciting!
From tonight, Gracie will be curating a user-generated Twitter drama for the channel giving Australians the opportunity to write a narrative alongside her and tell her what’s next.
Gracie Otto is an Australian actress, film producer, writer and director.
She made her feature-length directing debut with the 2013 documentary The Last Impresario about prolific British theatre impresario and film producer Michael White.
For the next five days (Monday – Friday), starting from 6pm AEST tonight, Gracie Otto will be guest tweeting from @BBCFirstAus to inspire a crowdsourced narrative of intrigue.
Using the hashtag #Whatsnext, the Twittersphere will actively craft the twists and unexpected turns of an evolving story, written 140 characters at a time.
In real-time response to user-generated suggestions, Gracie will introduce props and thematic inspiration over the course of the week, helping to shape a coherent story.
Each following day, the latest co-authored installment will be released at lunchtime via bbcaustralia.com/whatsnext
To kick things off, Otto has developed a narrative framework with five characters. Over five days, the audience will decide their fate.
- The Heiress: mid 20s, blonde, naïve. Recently inherited an international chain of hotels after the mysterious death of her father
- The Politician: mid 40s, conservative, good-looking, ambitious but with a tragic flaw
- The Actress: late 30s, glamorous brunette. Alluring, seductive and motivated by greed
- The Russian Oligarch: Early 50s, mega wealthy, questionable morals. Seemingly respected in society but hides a dark secret
- The Concierge: 60s, has taken on a father-figure role to The Heiress. Friend and confidante to The Actress and The Politicia
Follow the drama at @BBCFirstAUS and get involved by tweeting using hashtag #Whatsnext.
BBC First is a new channel from BBC Worldwide that showcases the very best new British dramas and comedies in one place for the first time, it launched on Foxtel on August 3.
Stay linked to Hollywood Treatment as we bring you the latest news, announcements and gossip from Gracie Otto!